Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Life Of a Beer Bottle

I wake up to the loud noise of flowing liquid and clanging glass
I look around and see many others just like me
Each one being filled to the brim with a bitter fluid
I feel like my lungs are being flooded, but I know I'm serving my purpose
They say I carry the most enjoyable poison the world has to offer!
The irony in that, like dating the nicest asshole
I get a new label this time, it is different each process I go through
Boxed up, shipped out
Then I get the call, I feel my box begin to move
Along the cold, metal cylinders that carry me to my next customer
It's really quite depressing
So much production value on my box, on my label
But it's not for me, just for the liquid courage that I carry
The elixir of truth some call it
Drunk minds speak sober hearts
Then comes my moment to shine
My cap is untwisted, I'm flipped head over heels
Out flows the liquid that choked my lungs
I can breath again and I've served my purpose
The night draws to a close, I'm thrown together with all those like me
People pay great amounts of money for our contents
But what are we worth in return?
No more than a nickel or a dime
The label is ripped off, we lose our identity once again
Off we go to the next plant where we can identified by some other brand
Like a prostitute being used over and over again
Sought after not for who we are, but what we have to offer
And once we've served our purpose, we are of no value

Then I am choked once again with that desirable poison
Just another day in the life of a beer bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment